family

family

Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome Max Jacob!

Into the surgery room I went on June 5th.  Jake was asked to stay in a holding room while they prepped me for about 30 minutes.  I remember just laying there thinking, this is so not normal.  I prayed and prayed that things would go smoothly.  I also thanked my heavenly Father for giving me what I wanted....I got the whole crazy going into labor story that I dreamed of! 

Then, the doctor said "okay bring in dad".....oh gosh. 

Jake sat by my head, behind the blue curtain and held my hand.  I felt pressure and moving of things (most likely organs, I can only assume)...but no pain.  As they were about to pull Max out one of the  nurses said right before they pull him out, you'll feel a LOT of pressure....and sure enough I did.   One of the other nurses asked Jake if he wanted to stand and watch them pull him out - and he did!  I was so happy he did....a couple seconds after (at 7:39 a.m.) they pulled him out I heard the most amazing noise...this teeny tiny cry....and just like that I was a mom...


They took Max immediately to check him over (7 lbs, 8 oz. and 20.25 inches long), suction him, etc.  Jake was over there with the camera shouting "he's perfect pita....he's perfect.  Ten fingers, ten toes, he has hair....he's perfect."  What an amazing feeling. They had him over there for what felt like forever and I remember feeling so sad and crying because I wasn't the first to hold him and not even the 4th person to see him - bring me my baby!....Jake kept taking pictures and bringing them to me to see him until they finally brought him over to me and laid him next to me.  He was the best thing I'd ever seen.....he was half me and half Jake.....

They took Max into recovery where they bathed him.  Jake went with Max (our number one rule - you go wherever that baby goes!) and I stayed in surgery to get sown back together (literally).  Now, I was so overwhelmed and happy and scared and anxious and every feeling in the book - and what were the doctors talking about as they stitched me back up...LEBRON JAMES and which team they thought he was going to chose.  Nice.

I finally got to join Max and Jake in the recovery room where I got to meet Max, hold him, hug him and kiss him. I looked at Jake and Max and my world was just filled with love.  How lucky am I?
Max, You are the second love of my life.....your dad and I love you very much.  You came into this world upside down, stubborn but sweet as can be and ready to be loved!  Your nicknames:  doodlebug, Maxers, champ (although dad ditched that bc he didn't like it), handsome, lovey, love muffin....WE LOVE YOU.



No comments:

Post a Comment