family

family

Friday, October 7, 2011

I am a cheater...

there I said it! 

It's inevitable....I am a cheater. Each day that passes, I realize that at some point in my day, I've decided (out of necessity or maybe convenience) to cheat something or someone.

It may be:
  • Cheating my job by not being able to work the 14-18 hours a day I should to complete everything on my to do list.  GUILTY.
  • Cheating my husband because I choose not to put makeup and spend the extra minutes sleeping or spending time with Max. GUILTY.
  • Cheating Max by taking him to school earlier than usual because I have a big meeting to prepare for. Or by even having to take him to school at all. GUILTY.
  • Cheating my friends and family when I see them calling but don't pick up because I finally have time to spend with my family. GUILTY.
  • Cheating my health by not exercising. GUILTY.
  • Cheating our budget when I pick up something for dinner instead of making something because I'm too tired (err, lazy) or would rather spend those minutes elsewhere. GUILTY.
  • Cheating sleep because of a teething 1 year old. GUILTY.
  • Cheating my dog by forgetting to feed him last night (sorry Bear). GUILTY.
  • Cheating the blessing of shelter by not cleaning my house as often as I should. GUILTY.
  • Cheating my neighbors by not checking in more. GUILTY.
  • Cheating strangers by rushing by too quickly to even notice a smile. GUILTY.
and worst of all....
  • Cheating my heavenly Father and not spending time with Him because I think all those other things listed above are more important.  G.U.I.L.T.Y.
So, there you have it....I'm a big, big, big CHEATER. However, I've extended myself grace (that's right, I did that) by accepting the grace that the Lord has rested on my shoulders. I can't be perfect...or even come close. "And since it is through God's kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God's grace would not be what it really is - free and undeserved." Romans 11:6. I am so not worthy, but still HE loves me.

Tell me you cheat too? ;-)  Bueller?  All of a sudden Michael Jackson's song keeps playing in my head "You are not alone....I am here with you...."  LOL.

Sidenote: Back to work, since I totally cheated work by writing this at 2 p.m. on a Friday afternoon....

GUILTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment