family

family

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Max's Green Thumb!

While I hate the fact that Max spends his day with someone other than me, I am completely grateful that he is spending it in such a good place! His daycare is amazing. I love the fact that he knows EVERYONE by name and that when we pull in he says "I home". It is so comforting to know that he is spending his time in a place that he enjoys and is being loved on.

They are great about exposing him to different things and teaching him things well beyond what I could do (or even think of doing) at home. This past week, they have been focusing on teaching the kids the importance of respecting the earth and all that God has given us to enjoy...especially since it was just Earth Day! With that being said, they let each kid plant a little green leafy plant and water them throughout the week - taking them home on Friday.

I'm so proud to say that my little Max man is nothing like him mommy...because he has kept a plant alive for longer than a week now! Anyone who knows me understands that this is not my strong suit as we have nothing but fake plants in our house.

Max's little potted plant from school
 This exercise from school now explains why he wants to go around and dump his sippy cup into all my fake plants!  I was beginning to worry ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment