family

family

Friday, February 25, 2011

It's all about the benjamin's....not!

On Tuesday, February 1st...Jake unfortunately lost his job.  Not for any reason other than a distressed housing market.  We were not surprised and felt that this day was going to come eventually, but we were shocked at the same time.  Ever had that feeling? 

I blog about this so we can look back and remember this day.  While sad or stressed or maybe tense...whatever adjective you want to use for us...it was actually a good day.  We have been on a path to learning that we are put on this earth to serve.....to serve our God, not our wallets.  I feel blessed that we were beginning to practice this through tithing, random acts, our own personal finances and more. 

Picture of Cross at Sunset - Free Pictures - FreeFoto.com
God does indeed work in mysterious ways.  I am blessed with a husband that is trying to make our family a God-centered family everyday.  What an incredible leader of our family. We have our struggles, but at the end of everyday whether I am sad that I can't buy what I want, angry with someone, or frustrated by circumstance....I am grateful.  Everyday, I really am grateful.

Today, I share my gratitude:
- Grateful for my awesome God.
- Grateful for my faithful, loving, honorable and honest-to-his-core husband.
- Grateful for my son.....he is a constant light and joy.
- Grateful for my parents.....they are the only ones that love me unconditionally.
- Grateful for my sister.....she's my confidant, best friend and mentor.
- Grateful for my brother....he teaches me resiliance.
- Grateful for my in-laws and sister in law.....they show me acceptance and love.
- Grateful for my friends....they make me laugh, set me free, and show me compassion
- Grateful for my church, my job, my health, and so many other things.

I.AM.GRATEFUL. <3
   

No comments:

Post a Comment