family

family

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eating the Rainbow!

Let me start this post by saying this child of mine is a character.  He is fun to watch as he eats his dinner....I know I've talked about his "style" of eating in other posts.  You know, the delicate pinchers that pick up the food and then the whole hand shovel into his mouth?

Well, I've come to realize that each day is a trial and error when it comes to feeding Max.  Some days he likes chicken or spaghetti or veggies, some days he angrily shakes his head and won't eat it.  In fact, some days he won't eat it and 10 minutes later I'll try it again and he loves it.  He's not angry or even what I would classify as picky....he just likes variety.

With that being said, I literally am prepared every night to try a smorgasboard of foods. I, of course, always have the staples that I KNOW he will eat (i.e. applesauce, bananas, green beans, etc).  The other night, I looked at what my sweet child had eaten and realized he covered almost every color of the rainbow :-)

*Disclaimer....he didn't eat the whole 2 jars of food, but merely the remainder from previous meals. Missing was the grilled chicken he had eaten.

Jake laughs at me because there are nights when there are literally 5, 6 or sometimes 7 things I'll try with him. There is no rhyme or reason because as I mentioned above he will like it the next day, or quite possibly 5 or 10 minutes later.  Oh my child....I am pretty sure you are laughing in your head thinking "ehhh, what else ya got".  LOL.

As he was eating, I noticed he was shove the food in his mouth and then take a bite and sneak it in the corner of his high chair.  It was hyterical!  I couldn't figure out if he was trying to "save it for later" because he was putting it there so neatly....or if he thought he was fooling me because he didn't like what I was giving him. Kind of like what I did on Friday nights (i.e. fish night during lent) in our house....I would (when no one was looking) put the fish in my napkin and politely excuse myself to the bathroom.  I know Mom, the jig is up :-). 

The evidence....

2 comments:

  1. Melissa!!! I'm so glad to have found your blog so I can keep up with you and watch sweet Max grow with the love of your family. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I know I'm definitely knew to the blogging world....but thought it was an easier way for me to keep up with Max since I'm terrible at the whole "baby book" thing :-/. I follow yall too....can't believe how big B is these days - time flies!

    ReplyDelete