family

family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I. Broke. The. Rules.

I never knew how much I liked rules until I had a baby.  In fact, I actually thought of myself as a pretty "go with the flow", "nothing can box me in" kind of a girl.....ehhhhhhhh, wrong.

Once Max came into this world I craved rules.  A guide that would tell me when to do, what to do and how to do it.  For instance, baby not sleeping?  Oh that's easy, page 145 says to do.....fill in the blank.  Baby won't eat?  Piece of cake, go to page 24.  Instead you get "every baby is different" and "you just need to figure out what works best for you".  Deep sigh. With that being said, I made my own rules :-). 

The Cardinal Rule: When all else fails, call my sister...she. really. knows. everything. (thank goodness). She's like the baby whisperer. LOL.  (side note:  I apologize for the daily questions, Michelle)

One of the things I learned from almost every book I read is to never, ever, everrrrrrrrrr feed your bambino in the middle of the night once they establish a routine where they are sleeping through the night (of course there are exceptions).  Another thing I learned is that once the baby establishes a good sleeping routine in their crib.....the crib it is from then on! 

About that.....

Max has decided that he love sleeping.....from 7 p..m to 4:30 or 5 p.m.  I am thankful for the 10 hours, but I really do NOT like 4:30 a.m.  I tried going in there and changing him, patting him, letting him cry it out, etc. 
Inevitably, I end up with a crying baby...and this has been going on for about 3 weeks now.  So this morning, I pulled him into bed with Jake and I.  Oh. My. Goodness.  This child slept so good - he slept till 8 O'CLOCK.  Can I get an AMEN?

I admit it....I. BROKE. THE RULES., and I love it <3   

No comments:

Post a Comment