family

family

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Quiet Time

We (Jake, Max and I) were getting ready for an evening with friends.  Max was bathed, changed and dressed and was playing at our feet in the bathroom and in our bedroom.  The upstairs gate was closed and doors were shut so the only place he could go was his bedroom. 

He usually just sits at my side and plays with my makeup bag (he likes to take everything in it out and then put it back in).  I was getting dressed and noticed that it was very quiet.  Anyone with a 1-year-old knows that quiet = very bad.  I thought to myself that he must have found something that was "interesting" enough (i.e. usually dangerous) to keep his attention.  So, where was Max? 

He was reading to himself in his room.  SO SWEET!

"Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior's hands.
How joyful is the man who quiver is full of them!
Psalm 129:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment