family

family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why do I love this man?

Jake and I have been married 4 years today! WOW - time is totally flying!  It has been such an awesome ride thus far, and I wouldn't change a second of it.  On this day every year, I always look back on our relationship and think about how much it has grown and evolved since we started dating in 2002. 

Why do I love this man?
  • He is my forever.....the man I am supposed to be with for all my life. 
  • He gave me the best gift about 11 months ago....our son, Max
  • He challenges me every day to be the best examples of Christ.
  • He dances when I feel like dancing, even though he hates it.
  • He guides me into a room....always putting me first.
  • If he gets up to get a drink, he'll always ask if I want one too.
  • He always says "thanks for dinner, Pita" - even when I know he didn't like it.
  • He will hug me forever, if that is how long I need to be held.
  • He isn't afraid to raise his hand in church to praise the Lord.
  • He races me to pick up Max when we haven't seen him in a couple hours.
  • He values what I "think".....by asking me my opinion
  • He is so honest.  To the point that he sweats on the top of his wrist if he fibbing or nervous. 
  • He will dive in front of me at a baseball game just to protect me and my pregnant belly.
  • He encourages me to go out with friends.
  • He took me out on the lake during the week when there was no one on the lake, so I could get up on waterskis because he recognized that I was feeling silly in front of everyone the previous weekend.
  • He wouldn't let me waterski when I was pregnant, even though I thought I was OK :-)
  • He tries really hard to like American Idol like I do.
  • He will always tell me the house looks nice, if he comes home and sees I had cleaned.
  • He is vulnerable enough with me to share his flaws and struggles and ask for encouragement.
  • I never have had to ask him to cut the grass or do yardwork.
  • He tells my mom he loves her.
  • He called my sister for me when I needed help nursing.
  • He totally "has it covered" when I go out of town for work and enjoys Daddy and Max time.
  • He has many passions in life....
  • He will hold my hand whenever and wherever. 
  • He will ask for help for me, because he know I wouldn't do it on my own.
  • He prays with me.
  • He calls my dad for advice.
  • He gets upset if he doesn't get to give Max some lovin' before I take him to school.
  • We can take a road trip and talk the entire way with no music.
  • We can sing and dance in the car and not care how silly we look.
  • He enjoys doing good deeds for others with no recognition - and seeks opportunities to serve.
  • He signed up to teach k-1 bible study at church because he wanted to spend time with me and that is what I was doing. 
I can go on and on and on.  This man is incredible. 

Thank you, Jake for 4 amazing years of marriage - and 9 years together total!  I am so happy that we found each other.  "Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." - Philippians 1:3

Happy Anniversary to you, Jake....I love you...

promise promise.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Melissa!!! Here's to many more years filled with love for the two of you (and Max, of course!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are very lucky and its awesome to see yall so happy!

    ReplyDelete