family

family

Monday, May 16, 2011

Max's Baby Dedication

What a Special Day! 

Sunday, May 15th was Max's Baby Dedication at Watermarke Church.  "Baby D" was an opportunity for us to focus on what will affect Max's future the most.  No one will have more influence on Max than Jake and I!  Baby D was an opportunity for Jake and I to take some time as parents to really think about what matters the most in the life of Max; to really talk together and decide what we value and what we can do today that will have the greatest impact on Max's future.

Needless to say, it was a joyous day!  We got to the church for the 3 p.m. ceremony where there was some great music, awesome church messages, prayers from our families, time for us to share our "values" and "habits" as a family to raise Max in a Christ-centered home, pictures and cupcakes....of course :-). 

It was also a little emotional because the whole focus of the day was on Max and truly how our parenting will impact his every step.  I couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed because being a parent is a tough, never-ending and life-altering job/gift.  My words, my actions, my reactions....all affect Max and his future.  I pray everyday that I will be the best mom for him. 

Enjoy the pictures from our day <3















1 comment: