family

family

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I Thought was Teething....

...ended up being STREP THROAT

The day started and I knew that Max wasn't feeling great, but I chalked his small tempature up to teething because his mood was still fairly happy, his appetite was in tact and he was playing.  At 2 p.m. I got a call from daycare to come pick him up because his temperature was 102.4. 

I took him to the pediatrician just in case.....figuring we would get the diagnosis of a little cold. Boy, was I mistaken and I felt terrible!  A call to the daycare and church nursery to tell other parents, antibiotic pick up, and then it was home to get my little man back to feeling better. 

Day one (Tuesday)....all Max wanted to do was snuggle and lay with me.  While I hated that he wasn't feeling good - it was so nice to snuggle (guilty confession) for hours with him.  I noticed that after dinner, he was getting warmer and warmer....his temperature at this point spiked to 104.9.  I was assured by the nurse line at his pediatrician's office that he didn't need to be taken somewhere and just to monitor him and make sure he would react to me if I woke him every few hours. 

Day two (Wednesday).....lathargic in the morning, inconsolable in the afternoon/evening.  Long day....

Hoping that Maxers feels better tomorrow.  Two things I learned about myself:
1. I would do anything to take away his pain and discomfort.
2. I am a germ-a-phobe.  Once I put Max down on Tuesday night, everything (including toys, door knobs and more) was cleaned, sterilized and sterilized again. 


1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy. This makes my heart sad. Having a sick baby is quite possibly the worst ever. Praying for a quick recovery and that he feels well tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete