family

family

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The 5 a.m. Wake Up Call Mystery....SOLVED!

I thought of everything to explain this child's sudden 5 a.m. wake up call every day....

Teething?  nope.
Hungry?  nope.
Being needy and high maintanence?  nope.
Bored?  nope.
Going through a growth spurt?  nope.
Wet?  nope.
Poopy diaper?  nope.
Thirsty?  nope.
Scared?  nope.
Did he go to bed too late?  nope.
Did he go to bed too early?  nope.
Cold?  nope.
Hot?  nope.

....what I finally concluded was that I just needed to get used to it....my. baby. was. AN. EARLY. RISER!  Ugh. The dreaded words.

We went for his one year well visit and the pediatrician checked him from head to toe....he was great.  Except his ears....were INFECTED!  Who knew?  He sure didn't tell me by pulling on his ears, being overly fussy, sick, running a fever....NOTHING!  I felt so terrible that this little guy had been suffering.  His pediatrician asked me "has his sleep been affected?"  HELLO....heck yes, it has!

A day of antibiotics in him and he slept till 6:30 a.m. the following morning and played happily in his crib for another 30 minutes,  and again the next morning. While 6:30 a.m. isn't "late" for many.....it is MUCH better than 5 a.m..  Can I get an AMEN? 

AMEN!  That's right, I just basically high-fived myself : -)

1 comment: