family

family

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Follow in his footsteps.....

I love watching Max follow Jake around the house.  He isn't quite at the age where he can fully mimick Jake, but he takes on certain things just to "be like dad". 

I am sitting in my office on this beautiful Saturday morning, looking out the window, watching Jake and some of his friends unload lawn mower after lawn mover, blower after blower, and weed eater after weed eater....there must be 10 men in my front lawn all huddled around their lawn maintanence equipment praying that the Lord guide them today to serve people who know the Lord and hopefully some that DON'T!  A small step in their faith, but a GIANT footprint hopefully on someone's life is the hope.

....so do I want my Max to follow in his dad's footsteps?  YOU BET!  I look forward to the day (hopefully) when I see even more men in my front lawn, and one of those sets of hands is my son's along side his dad. 

"My child, listen to me and do as I say,
and you will have a long, good life.
I will teach you wisdom's ways
and lead you in straight paths.
When you walk, you won't be held back;
when you run, you won't stumble.
Take hold of my instructions; don't let them go.
Guard them, for they are the key to life."
Proverbs 4: 10-13



No comments:

Post a Comment