family

family

Monday, June 27, 2011

First Rejection....

I don't know if I'll be able to handle watching my children go through rejection....whether it is with friends, sports, school, etc.  I got my first taste of it yesterday and it was so devastating.  Max and I enjoyed some pool time yesterday and had a blast.  We were splashing and jumping and floating...it was so fun! 

I got him out after about an hour and fifteen minutes to get him a snack and we were just playing on the pool deck.  Out of the corner of his eye he saw some bigger kids playing, and you could tell all he wanted in life was to play with them.  He kept yelling over at them (if he could talk I swear he would be saying "hey guys, hey, hey, can I come play), getting louder and louder....hoping that one of them would turn around, and nothing.  He was pointing and trying to walk over there....but the big kids just kept playing.

Now, I know that they don't couldn't play with him....afterall Max is only 1 and these kids were probably 8 LOL.  But the look on Max's face.....was. devastating. He just stared over at them wishing he could play with them.


So, while this was a very small and fleeting moment of rejection....it makes me think that this is only the beginning.  Oh, how I wish I could put a fence around his heart so that it could never be broken.  I pray that he only experiences true heartbreak or rejection very few times.  I pray that Jake and I give him the love and the tools he needs to overcome these obstacles.  I pray that I (or someone) can always make him feel better during times of sadness, and I pray that Max leans on the Lord when he gets his heart hurt. 

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who spirits are crushed." - Psalm 35:18

No comments:

Post a Comment